Wednesday, July 11, 2007

you were right.

i really want to tell my dad that he was wrong, but i won't. let me explain.

the other night my dad was telling me that he has been reading my blog and that he liked it. we got into a discussion about a word i used in a recent post on my other blog.

i used the word tenaciousness. he tried to tell me that tenaciousness was not a word and proceeded to tell me that i should have used the word tenacity. he said he knew this because he had gotten into a discussion about this word with someone else--i'm guessing years ago. i tried to tell him that he was wrong, but i didn't fight too hard because what if--heaven forbid--i was wrong.

well, today i went to my trusty friend, m-w.com and looked up tenaciousness. and my trusty friend informed me that i was right and my dad was wrong.

or that all those years ago, dad, you were right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

once, mr. cranney and i had a shared moment of vocabulary synchronicity. when we both said the word stoic. at the same time. hence, the synchronicity.

laurie said...

although, you can never be right when dad is, you know that.