Thursday, April 7, 2011

a peeve.

really? really? really. really.

you know how to say it. just like seth and amy did on weekend update. it was funny when they did it, right? but i feel like it has become such a huge part of american chatter lately. am i just noticing this, or has it been going on for a long time? i feel silly even bringing it up, but i had to. i beg of you, people, please stop! it's almost as bad as the "seriously? seriously." that grey's anatomy popularized years ago. holy crap, they even have it on a freaking t-shirt!

[image from here]

whew. i just took a deep breath. that's all i really had to say. and this:  please, make it stop.

4 comments:

chelle. said...

well, now i'm nervous.
maybe i do this.
maybe i'm annoying you.
but i can't remember.
do i say this?
probably not.
will i now?
nope.

(adriane) said...

don't be nervous! i've never caught you saying this. i occasionally have to rap my own knuckles on this one...it's just gotten a little out of hand in my opinion. wouldn't you say?

chelle. said...

definitely...just like seriously got way old, way fast. so, post idea on megs blog...fyi. and i have a good one coming, but i have to formulate it.

Jaime Boots said...

I know I have said this recently... but it was really appropriate. A girl mentioned that she wanted a brownie sundae and a dude (that I had just met and clearly had the habit of being condescending) said, "I think its funny when someone says they want to lose weight and then they eat dessert." My response was a very dramatic, "Really, Roger?" I may have added a second "Really" but I am not quite sure.