Monday, August 13, 2007

dream a little dream of me.

there was a time last week when i said something to rachelle and i used the word "dreamed". like, dreaming in past tense. she made a comment that the proper verbiage was "dreamt". well, the word has come up again and i feel so weird using "dreamt", even though i know i've heard it used before and even though rachelle is quite knowledgeable on stuff like this. so, being the type of person who was told, even as a child, to "look it up" if i had a question or a doubt in my mind about something, i took my father's advice and looked it up.

what did i find?

we were both right. i first looked it up on merriam-webster.com. since that didn't really tell me how to conjugate the verb properly, i googled "how to conjugate dream". then i found this website...verbix.com. oh, what a joy to my young girl brain! there it is, right in plain, easily understandable english, how to conjugate the word dream in every possible way!

so, the point to this post is this: rachelle and i are equally intelligent. and now we are even more so.

3 comments:

D-HOR said...

Eeee I love verbix!! And you cracked me up with the nookie post - :)

btw - good luck with swearing ;)

Di said...

Thank you for solving the mystery!

Love Verbix!

chloe said...

And this is another reason we will be great friends! My friend and I got in an argument about the past tense of squeeze once. I was right (unlike you both being right). Squoze is not a word. The best part is that, prior to calling her mom to look it up (we were in the car), I graciously admitted that I might be wrong, although I didn't think I was. She was pretty insistent. I won.