Wednesday, August 8, 2007

i'm failing, but trying.

remember how i resolved to quit swearing?
well, it isn't going so well.
adriane asked me tonight at dinner how that was going and i was reminded that i needed to do better.
so here, in my attempt to do better, is a brand new word to use as a replacement for that other foul word you may be using:

scaramouch \skair-uh-MOOSH\ noun

1 capitalized : a stock character in the italian commedia dell'arte that burlesques the spanish don and is characterized by boastfulness and cowardliness
2 a : a cowardly buffoon b : rascal, scamp

i love it. i fear people wouldn't take me very seriously if i do use it, but i'm going to try anyway. i will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

reminds me of a song...

"I see a little silhouetto of a man,

Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the fandango-

Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-"

it also reminds me of wayne's world (naturally)and now, thanks to you, i have bohemian rhapsody stuck in my head.

chelle. said...

it's not really my fault...you are the one that typed the words out. hahahaha.