Saturday, August 11, 2007

i did it all for the nookie.

i know i once told you that i signed up accidentally for the "learner's word of the day" email from merriam-webster, right? yeah. so i never un-signed up for it. so, i get definitions to many words i already know and use proficiently in my daily activities. so, when i get one that catches my attention, i have to share it with the masses. i don't know why this one did in particular, okay. i do. it's because it reminded me of a horrible limp bizkit song from the late 90's, which you can watch here.

as if i needed an actual definition to figure out what this word means. besides, hasn't it been slang for much longer than 8 years?

nooky or nookie
Function: noun
Status: slang
Meaning: : sexual relations : the act of having sex


great. now i've gone and gotten this song stuck in my head.

one more thing before i go...wikipedia defines slang as this, which is exactly as i understand it. i guess "nooky/nookie" is no longer considered slang if it has a merriam-webster dictionary definition? gross. i am embarrassed to be part of the english speaking world if this word is in our dictionary.

1 comment:

The Talker said...

Well, after doing a post on my blog thought I'd check out how the word nooky came. Would you believe 206,000 hits. Anywat my post tells about a minister that required nooky every day. Read my post at:

http://thetalker.org/